Blended learning provides new opportunities to engage students outside the classroom and in between classroom sessions. Face-to face teaching creates a necessary social space for discussion, questions and joint exploration as well as analysis and reflection. Hereby blended learning combines the best features of on-line and face-to-face teaching.
Five reasons for applying blended learning at CBS
- Blended learning provides new opportunities for activating students as well as of giving feedback of their work. It increases student performance, motivation and learning outcome
- Blended learning helps to make efficient use of the time that students spend on learning when they are together in a classroom as well as when they are online
- Blended learning provides an online learning environment, which offers new opportunities for students outside the classroom
- Blended learning provides an opportunity to support CBS’ strong international profile, creating virtual classrooms for students at partner universities and thus the option of offering classes across national borders
- Blended learning represents a means to ensure practice-oriented teaching